Training Sites in Corner Brook, Burin, Nothern Peninsula! Call for other locations!
This course was designed to give students the necessary training in Confined Space Entry to prevent injuries, property damage, fatalities and any other associated hazards.
· Provide students with appropriate training in Confined Space Entry
· Ensure students know the hazards and controls needs that will eliminate or lessen risks associated with working in confined spaces
· Provide an understanding of any legislative requirements
· Ensure students know how to control hazards with the use of Administrative, Engineering and PPE controls
Chapter 1: Identifying Confined Spaces
Chapter 2: Roles and Responsibilities of Workplace Parties
Chapter 3: Confined Space Entry Legislation
Chapter 4: Confined Space Entry Program
Chapter 5: Atmospheric Hazards & Controls
Chapter 6: Health & Safety Hazards
Chapter 7: Personal Protective Equipment
Chapter 8: Confined Space Roles and Responsibilities
Chapter 9: Confined Space Entry Permit
Chapter 10: Confined Space Entry Rescue
Chapter 11: Accident/Incident Reporting
Chapter 12: Practical (one of the below topics are assigned to groups of 4-7 people)
· Practical portion to include Bump Testing of gas monitors, inspection and use of air supplying and air purifying breathing apparatuses, as well as pre-entry setup of ventilation systems. A complete hazard/risk assessment of confined space will be conducted using a scenario supplied to students. Isolations will be applied and all personal protective equipment will be used that is needed to complete the assigned task and finally, entry will be made incorporating all the different roles of a Confined Space Entry program. Students will have the opportunity to use all procedures and equipment that are covered in theory portion.