Training Sites in Corner Brook, Burin, Nothern Peninsula! Call for other locations!
This is a 1 day course designed to provide workers with a familiarization of the basic rigging and slinging concepts.
· Familiarize workers with the proper use of slings and associated rigging equipment.
· The proper pre-use inspection procedures of rigging equipment.
· Load weight estimations and the importance of proper sling angles.
· Demonstrate and practice safe lifting practices and procedures, making lifts with manually operated devices as well as cranes.
Chapter 1: Basic Rigging Concepts
Chapter 2: Rigging Gear & Inspection Criteria
Chapter 3: Putting Slings to Work - Hitch, Capacity & Hardware
Chapter 4: Safe Rigging Practices & Procedures for the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry
· Practical component of Rigging and Slinging course consists of proper pre-use inspections and the proper rigging, moving and lifting of loads.