Training Sites in Corner Brook, Burin, Nothern Peninsula! Call for other locations!
This course was designed to give instruction on the safe erection, inspection, tagging and dismantling of Swing Stage Scaffolding in a residential or commercial environment.
The course will contain both in depth theory and hands-on practical portions.
PRE-REQUISIT: Fall Protection
· Ensure students understand the applicable OHS Regulations and CSA Standards
· Ensure students know how to complete a hazard and risk assessment through site inspection and documentation
· Explain Swing Stage Scaffolding
· Explain Tie in methods and proper bracing
· Provide information to students and ensure their understanding of material handling and tools needed for scaffolding erection
· Provide commonly used hand signals for scaffolding
· Demonstrate and practice inspections and tagging of scaffolds and components
· Demonstrate and practice the safe use of Scaffolding from the planning stage to dismantling
Chapter 1: Swing Stage Components
Chapter 2: Thrust Outs and Support Hooks
Chapter 3: Wall Rollers and Tie Offs
Chapter 4: Manual Winches
Chapter 5: Power Swing Stage Hoists
Chapter 6: Fall Arrest Equipment
Chapter 7: Wire Rope Fittings
Chapter 8: Swing Stage Safety Rules
· A pass mark of 70% must be obtained on exam in order to proceed to the practical portion.
Practical portion of course consists of:
· Pre-Use inspection of scaffolding equipment
· Proper erection/inspection/tagging/dismantling of scaffolds
· Documenting inspections
· Installing proper tagging systems (Green, Yellow or Red)