Training Sites in Corner Brook, Burin, Nothern Peninsula! Call for other locations!
This course was designed to give instruction on the safe erection, inspection, tagging and dismantling of System Scaffolding in a residential or commercial environment.
The course will contain both in depth theory and hands-on practical portions.
PRE-REQUISIT: Fall Protection
· Ensure students understand the applicable OHS Regulations and CSA Standards
· Ensure students know how to complete a hazard and risk assessment through site inspection and documentation
· Explain System Scaffolding
· Explain Tie in methods and proper bracing
· Provide information to students and ensure their understanding of material handling and tools needed for scaffolding erection
· Provide commonly used hand signals for scaffolding
· Demonstrate and practice inspections and tagging of scaffolds and components
· Demonstrate and practice the safe use of Scaffolding from the planning stage to dismantling
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Safe Erection of Towers
Chapter 3: Providing Access
Chapter 4: Braces and Ties
· A pass mark of 70% must be obtained on exam in order to proceed to the practical portion.
Practical portion of course consists of:
· Pre-Use inspection of scaffolding equipment
· Proper erection/inspection/tagging/dismantling of scaffolds
· Documenting inspections
· Installing proper tagging systems (Green, Yellow or Red)
· Students will also be graded on their abilities to meet the requirements and standards covered in this course.
· Any number of days can be added for practical depending on the client’s needs.
· Minimum of 2 days practical recommended.