Training Sites in Corner Brook, Burin, Nothern Peninsula! Call for other locations!
This course follows the federal regulations of Canada and the requirements to comply with the current CSA/ANSI standards and the Newfoundland & Labrador's Acts and Regulations in fall protection.
· Introduce principles of protection and the prevention of a fall
· The types of fall protection systems
· Guidance on appropriate use of each Fall Protection System
· Ensure Students participate in full inspections of 12 pieces of equipment
· Ensure the completion of calculations and case studies by each student
· Demonstrate and Practice the proper use of all equipment during practical exercises
Chapter 1: Introduction to Fall Protection
Chapter 2: Roles and Responsibilities of Workplace Parties
Chapter 3: Fall Protection Legislation
Chapter 4: Fall Protection Plan
Chapter 5: Fall Protection System Forces and Components
Chapter 6: Hierarchy of Controls
Chapter 7: Fall Protection Systems, Equipment and Components
Chapter 8: Fall Arrest Systems, Equipment and Components
Chapter 9: Use, Care, Maintenance and Storage of Equipment
Chapter 10: General Requirements of Fall Arrest Rescue Plan
· Practical to consist of proper use and inspection of Fall Protection equipment. A Fall Protection plan and hazard/risk assessment will be completed and followed.